Which strain for PTSD and Insomnia?

Vape_Rider

Which strain for PTSD and Insomnia?

Post by Vape_Rider » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:06 am

Greetings all,

First post here and wasn't sure if I should drop it here or General Discussion.

First my question, What strain does Nukeheads carry (fem seeds) that would best be suited for PTSD and Insomnia?

Medical conditions might be such as episodes of depression, guilt, nightmares related to real life events, and other conditions such as insomnia, wrist and back pain.

I've been growing for 8 years but have minimal indoor growing experience of about 2.5 years. What strain would do well under my Perfect Sun Dwarf Star in a 24" x 48" x 79" tent? I've used Mars Hydro 60's and the 96 in other tents but recently decided to use the Dwarf Star exclusively for now (I'm kinda over the blurple thang).
I typically lean towards heavier Indica strains.

The patient would not be worried about paranoia as the he or she never leaves the house after smoking, not even to check the mail. LOL.

I am considering GDP or the Nukehead strain for the next grow. What are your thoughts and would I grow one or two plants in the setup I listed above? Would I scorg them?

Main considerations are the medical conditions and grow environment I listed above (not going to get all techy on my exhaust and intake fans and setup). :D-

TIA for any input.

Bigz

Post by Bigz » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:54 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum Vape_Rider..I hope you enjoy it! As far as helping cope with PTSD here are a few strains that should benefit you, Although I think you need more on the CBD side so Indica's are a good choice,edibles would prob help a lot as well. I believe that Nukeheads.com has most of the strains listed but there are so many other strains that should help. I hope you have a better time dealing with that soon!:cheers: In a small area i would scrog or LST 2-4 plants.

*Blue Dream Cannabis Strain
*OG Kush Cannabis Strain
*Pineapple Express Cannabis Strain
*Master Kush Cannabis Strain
*Cannatonic Cannabis Strain

Thank you
Bigz

Vape_Rider

Post by Vape_Rider » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:11 am

Thank you kindly for your reply. :mrgreen:

Guruscux

Post by Guruscux » Tue May 01, 2018 3:30 am

everyone will have there own views on what works and what does not- Bigz in my view is pretty much sorted it out however here is a website which will help, I think maybe ADMIN should make the link a sticky somehow as the link will clear up alot of bullshit being spun by some on other pages and groups

https://cannasos.com/strains :D-

Vape_Rider

Post by Vape_Rider » Tue May 01, 2018 5:15 am

Guruscux wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 3:30 am
everyone will have there own views on what works and what does not- Bigz in my view is pretty much sorted it out however here is a website which will help, I think maybe ADMIN should make the link a sticky somehow as the link will clear up alot of bullshit being spun by some on other pages and groups

https://cannasos.com/strains :D-
Oh, thank you for the link. I bookmarked this one. :)

HistoricalBeatRice

Post by HistoricalBeatRice » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:25 pm

I think a CBD dominant strain would be good for PTSD.
The anxiety effect of THC might make PTSD worse possibly, so CBD provides a calming effect without the "high"