Best cheap led to grow a pound

Jaxob

Best cheap led to grow a pound

Post by Jaxob » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:12 pm

I am currently looking at diffrent led lights and would like to be sure I can grow a pound but not shell out the big money.

madman960

Post by madman960 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:05 pm

What's your grow setup like? Your experience level? To get high yields it's my understanding your environment has to be perfect the entire grow. Plus you need seeds of high yielding plants. While the light plays a large part, so does your skill level, having the right genetics, and providing the perfect environment for each stage of growth. Another factor is your budget. What you percieve to be cheap may be expensive to others and vice versa. You are not likely to get a satisfactory answer without providing further details.

Happy growing.

Madman

P.S. I am a novice grower.
wjsobers is my YouTube name.

My current grow log.

http://nukethreads.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&p=1903#p1903

Jaxob

Post by Jaxob » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:59 pm

Hello! First off thank you for reading and responding. I have a gorilla grow tent 4x4,6in exhaust fan and a 8in filter. Planing on using fox fam and roots soil. Use distilled water with the flower power package. I have bubble gum, strawberry banana, and strawberry cheesecake. I'm planning on getting a nukehead strain. I can get diffrent seeds if you don't think they will yield how I want. I am young but have been studying for a few years. I am currently underground that is why hands on experience is slim. I have grown but not with led except for seedlings. I have a spectrum king closet case. I am planing on getting their $1500 light, but I lost a lot due to parents. I was tring to find a light between $200 and max at $500. I know co2 helps out but is it something that I could get after the first harvest?

1Smokeaway

Post by 1Smokeaway » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:56 pm

I'm not an expert on LED's but whatever one you grab just make sure it gives you the 4x4 bloom coverage of your tent. Again go for coverage so it may be best to grab (2) lights that will fully cover a 2x2 in bloom stage then just 1 light. Also grab the highest "true" watt you can for your budget.

Keep in mind that covering that 4x4 canopy with weed in the most important thing you will do to get your 1 lb of dank weed. You can have the biggest,best damn light out there but if you don't cover that canopy with plant you wont come close.

The best way to do this is to SCROG. Keep the Ht. of your tent in mind when deciding when to flip to flower. Ideally you'd have a couple feet when final stretch is over between light and plant top.

If you are growing from seed to harvest in same tent I would count on a good 4 month grow. 2 weeds for seedlings, 4-6 for veg. (you only list 3 plants so would say a good 6 weeks should do you good in filling out canopy) 8 week bloom.

you can knock that time down to 12 weeks if you do a SOG with clones or two or 3 week veg with seeds.

Either way best wishes for a fantastic grow and keep us posted in the (in progress) grow journals.

Cheers
You Tube name-1Smokeaway

1Smokeaway

Post by 1Smokeaway » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:57 pm

Also check this out if you havent already http://nukethreads.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=414
You Tube name-1Smokeaway

greenstate

Post by greenstate » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:28 am

sounds like you need a quantum board light my man! dont even bother with the kind. get an HLG and you will see the pound plus more out of that 2x4. check out my grow channel on youtube man i show everything i do and try to help beginners too. i'm new to indoor but have been growing in mother nature outside for years. but i love indoors now that i'm used to it with the grow tents and led. i am still learning the environmental stuff and getting all the controls dialed in with certain things to help make it better you know how it is with the intake and exhaust and fans and all that the scrog net etc. make sure you get a scrog net as well even if its just for support in late flower once the buds get huge. but i get a pound out of my 2x4 and that's every 2 months bro i have a 2x2 veg tent as well so its a continuous cycle that's what you need to do. but get a quantum board HLG 550 at www.horticulturelightinggroup.com and it only uses around 600 watts but covers 4x4 so well! it it top bin diodes and driver and everything and they are easy to put together dont let it scare ya. also they are the same as a 1000 watt hps like they actually replace that and its true man they fkn rock! they put out so much light and you can put them about a foot away from the canopy if you really want and it gets deep down! they are made to last over 10 years and its a no brainer man its one of the best quality lights on the market today and will be for years to come. check it out and check out my youtube at youtube.com/greenstateMEDgrower
:weed: green state MED grower YOUTUBE :weed:
:D- greenstategrower420 INSTAGRAM :D-
Please like and SUBSCRIBE and Follow for updates!

daletbyers

Post by daletbyers » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:47 am

For your gorilla 4x4 grow tent, Mars Hydro led grow light is the best options for you. the price is very cheap, but not the performance. you can also consider horticulture lighting group. But if you want to know more information about these led light, you can check these blog below. I hope it will help you to pick a right led light.

https://mygardenings.com/best-highest-y ... ow-lights/
https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/
https://www.mars-hydro.com/