Germination: stupid question...

Dixie Underground

Germination: stupid question...

Post by Dixie Underground » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:58 am

So I've got them in papertowels waiting. But I just today ordered a rapid rooter tray because I like the idea of starting the roots by air pruning. So I'm worried they might end up waiting in the paper towels too long since it will be a few days before the trays get here.
My question is "how long is too long to leave them in paper towels?" (Assuming they sprout immediately)
:cheers:
Anybody else wish they would make a new season of Fraggle Rock? :D-
8-) www.NukeHeads.com 8-) :complete: All posts are fictional and for entertainment purposes only. I'm so full of shit, it's crazy.

asweet12345

Post by asweet12345 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:25 am

You'll have a sprout my then cause you still have to expand the plug. Put it in the soil and move on!!
Happy growing! :D- :D- :D-

Nogood4480

Post by Nogood4480 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:26 am

Dixie Underground wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:58 am
So I've got them in papertowels waiting. But I just today ordered a rapid rooter tray because I like the idea of starting the roots by air pruning. So I'm worried they might end up waiting in the paper towels too long since it will be a few days before the trays get here.
My question is "how long is too long to leave them in paper towels?" (Assuming they sprout immediately)
They be fine in paper towel for day or two just dont let them be too wet could rot and not too warm. Also im not hip to the tray you mentioned i just put em n rockwool or soil hell or coco. Ive got too much go on need to stick to one thing be less stressful. But any how best of luck. Cheers
One love

Dixie Underground

Post by Dixie Underground » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:40 am

Yeah, I hear you. I'll probably just stick tgem in soil. But I really like the idea of air pruning. I plan on planting them guerilla style directly in the ground after ive developed some nice roots. Was really hoping to train those roots as much as possible before that. Next question: "If I did use the tray, how long could I leave then in there?"
Also, what don't you like about the tray? Is it too much moisture?
:cheers:
Anybody else wish they would make a new season of Fraggle Rock? :D-
8-) www.NukeHeads.com 8-) :complete: All posts are fictional and for entertainment purposes only. I'm so full of shit, it's crazy.

Nogood4480

Post by Nogood4480 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:23 pm

Dixie Underground wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:40 am
Yeah, I hear you. I'll probably just stick tgem in soil. But I really like the idea of air pruning. I plan on planting them guerilla style directly in the ground after ive developed some nice roots. Was really hoping to train those roots as much as possible before that. Next question: "If I did use the tray, how long could I leave then in there?"
Also, what don't you like about the tray? Is it too much moisture?
I dont have problem with it just dont know what it is. Aint never used one. Is it one of those clone trays kinda like a super cloner. If so im sure its great i just aint never used them probably wood if had 1. And as for how too leave em in it i got no clue as long as the roots have room to grow they should be fine id think. But i teally dont know. Have a good one cheers
One love