Water ph for flower power package in aeroponics. Is it 6.5 or 5.8?? And do I need to add a calcium magnesium supplement

Stoner Grandma

Water ph for flower power package in aeroponics. Is it 6.5 or 5.8?? And do I need to add a calcium magnesium supplement

Post by Stoner Grandma » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:54 pm

what ph do you use in an aeropontics. System and do I need a calcium mag supplement ??

Bkewl Buds

Post by Bkewl Buds » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:44 pm

Aeroponics/Hydroponics you'd want to use Nuclear Juice not the Flower Power Package. Flower Power Package would be for coco or soil grows. Ph for Aeroponics or any hydroponics is 5.2 - 5.5 but in truth you can go up to 5.8 - 6.2 and still be okay. And as for calcium mag supplements, I'd only add them if you're plant show's that she needs them.
:weed: NukeHeads for Life :weed: https://NukeHeads.com/ NFL :D-

1Smokeaway

Post by 1Smokeaway » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:45 am

Bkewl Buds wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:44 pm
Aeroponics/Hydroponics you'd want to use Nuclear Juice not the Flower Power Package. Flower Power Package would be for coco or soil grows. Ph for Aeroponics or any hydroponics is 5.2 - 5.5 but in truth you can go up to 5.8 - 6.2 and still be okay. And as for calcium mag supplements, I'd only add them if you're plant show's that she needs them.
So would it be correct to say that under the Aero/Hydro grow that your PH can fluctuate a whole point? 5.2-6.2. and is the Cal/mag question based on your experience or proven facts or strain dependent ? I hope your not looking at these questions as being dick-ish but why not say just add Cal/Mag unless you see a toxicity ?
You Tube name-1Smokeaway

Bkewl Buds

Post by Bkewl Buds » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:14 am

I don't see your questions as dick-ish as all bud! here you go! Here's a little cheat sheet on what would make your PH fluctuate. And I say, "Unless your plants need it" because your plants will tell you when they need something. And in my opinion less is better. Now if you're using RO water and it has no minerals in it I can see someone adding CalMag. But again, I don't add anything unless my plants show signs of a deficiency. That's just how I've always done things.
:cheers:
The nutrients you add to your reservoir are acidic. When the plant consumes these acidic nutrients, the natural reaction is a rise in pH. This means it is normal for your reservoir to have a natural pH up-swing. It is much more desirable than your pH dropping, which would indicate you have too much nutrient in your solution. Here is a cheat sheet:

pH goes up, EC goes down = Plants are feeding. Potentially raise nutrient levels.

pH goes down, EC goes up = Plants are putting nutrient into the water rather than taking them out. Nutrient levels are too high.

pH stays stable, EC levels stay stable = Equilibrium. Plants are taking equal parts nutrients and water. Maximum growth is occurring.

It is best to error on the side of caution and slightly underfeed you plants . This will encourage the natural pH swing from 5.5-6.2. Once your solution reaches the 6.2 mark it should be brought back down to 5.5 pH and allowed to slowly drift up again. The reason this is ideal is that the plants are able to take up specific nutrients more efficiently at different pH levels. By going up and down through the proper pH range the plant has good access to all nutrients required for optimal growth.

Having the ability to monitor and adjust nutrient and pH levels in this fashion are one of the main benefits to an active or recirculating hydroponic system.
https://hydroponics.com/question/my-ph- ... -going-on/

Bkewl Buds

Post by Bkewl Buds » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:15 am

I've dabbled in hydroponics and read even more. although I prefer soil grows!

Hoosier420

Post by Hoosier420 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:36 pm

Bkewl Buds wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:15 am
I've dabbled in hydroponics and read even more. although I prefer soil grows!
I hear hydro is very simple. I just prefer soil, too.

Longbow

Post by Longbow » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:28 pm

Stoner Grandma wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:54 pm
what ph do you use in an aeropontics. System and do I need a calcium mag supplement ??
Hey there Stoner Grandma...
Check out this chart. It displays quite nicely the relationship between Calcium and Magnesium and the correct pH level. If pH is too low, the plant can not metabolize the Cal/Mag and thus displays the Cal/Mag deficiency in the plant.
All the best...

@Bkewl Buds
Attachments
hydroponics-ph-chart-marijuana-sm.jpg
 ! Message from: Longbow
WATCH OUR HUGE PURPLE COLA VIDEOS
HI, Michael-Dawn, we make the "Purple Dawn Strain" for Cody!
AVAILABLE HERE AT NUKEHEADS ONLY

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CHANNEL
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCijW-X ... PdPxYdCaVw

Typeoman

Post by Typeoman » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:49 am

Bkewl Buds wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:44 pm
I was under the impression ph for hydro was no lower then 5.5 no higher then 6.2 should I always try to stay to the lower ph or what the plants seem to like the most is right around 5.7 5.8
:D- NUKEHEADSISLIFE :D-

Bkewl Buds

Post by Bkewl Buds » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:56 am

yep 5.8-6.0 is prime for the girls. But I wouldn't PH back down until your at 6.5

Typeoman

Post by Typeoman » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:31 am

Ok @Bkewl Buds I didn't know that. I always saw ph go up I just downed the oh back to 5.8. Ill let it go a little bit more from now on
:D- NUKEHEADSISLIFE :D-